SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
emmhip

Night bed wetting, need suggestions!!!!!

emmhip
17 years ago

Our 4 year old DD has been potty trained since right before her 3rd birthday (during the day). She continued to bring a sippy cup of water to bed with her every night so we let her sleep in a diaper until about 3 1/2. I think this was a mistake, because now she has just turned 4, doesn't bring a sippy cup to bed (we also cut off liquids after dinner) and she is wetting the bed every night!

She says, "I can't feel it," and is a very heavy sleeper. I've tried waking her up before I go to bed, but it's almost impossible and ends up with her screaming and crying and refusing to go potty. Sometimes, it's like she doesn't fully wake up and is only half awake. We recently went for her 4 year old doctor appointment and I asked her peditrician about it, but she said they don't start worrying until they are 5, as long as she goes on the potty during the day. Also, she just continues to sleep wet until morning. She always goes potty before bed as well.

I am changing sheets constantly and I don't want to go back to a diaper or pull-ups because I feel like it would be a step backwards. Is it time to bring in one of those alarms? (not sure I'm ready for that!) I really want her to learn to wake up and go to the bathroom, but so far I'm not making much progress. Suggestions????????

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida