SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisaca_gw

temper tantrams, what should i do?

lisaca
18 years ago

HI!I am new to this forum and I'm hoping to get some advice on what to do with my 2 yr old son when he throws his tantrums , which is usually several times a day. I have 2 older children ages 16 and 14 and I know its been awhile but I dont ever recall them behaving like this. Whenever you tell him no or take something away he will throw the closest thing in site and hit you and throw himself down. This has been going on for some time. At first everyone was like "how cute, he has a little temper" now its getting old and lots of people are very annoyed by his behavior. My mom and sister say I dont do enough to let him no its not okay. I usally ignore it but they say I'm not teaching him right from wrong. They say he is old enough to understand and that he could use a good spat on the bottom. I dont believe I should be hitting him to teach him not to hit. Is this normal behavior? I was hoping this was just a passing phase but its been going on for sometime now and seems to be getting worse. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with this type of behavior?

Comments (6)

Sponsored