SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jopopsy

2 year old is so light !!!

jopopsy
16 years ago

Wow, I didn't even know this forum was here. I've spent all my time over in the tractor forum ... heh.

Anyway, my little girl is a feather. She's in the 50th percentile for height, 70th for head diameter, but 3rd for weight (yah, 3%). This was at her 2 year checkup. At her 18 month checkup she was at the 5th percentile.

The doctor is concerned (and making me VERY concerned of course). We are now feeding her pediashure in stead of one glass of milk and we are also giving her milk w/ Carnation Instant B'fast in it (once a day). This is in addition to whatever else we can get her to eat (rains bread w/ Cream cheese, mac & cheese, hot dog, etc.). We are hoping this helps her add a few pounds and get her up a couple of percentage points.

She has hit all her milestones on time (or early - she can already count to 10 and she can speak in sentences already). She is VERY active (jumps around a lot, runs around a great deal more, never sits down unless its naptime or the 1 hour of TV time we allow).

Should I be worried, or should I take the doctor's concern w/ a grain of salt?

Thanks in advance !

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County