SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gobaby_gw

Follow up to 'I am so stressed out'

gobaby
21 years ago

I spent a lot of time thinking about why DS started throwing so many tantrums. One of my thoughts was that he might be bored. I've been sick over the last few months and haven't gotten out much. So, I decided to give him a test.

Instead of our usual number of outings in a week, I added 4 more activities. One day we went swimming, another day we went to the mall, another day we played with the trains at the bookstore and then we went to an extra storytime at the library.

What a difference! The tantrums haven't completely stopped but they are shorter and not quite as loud. They are more like disagreements than fights.

I have come to the conclusion that the reason he was throwing tantrums at stores and other places is because he has been bored at home. He wouldn't want to leave because he knew he was going home to the boring place. We don't have family that live in town and there are no children in the area that we live in so he probably was feeling lonely.

Preschool starts on Thursday so I think most tantrums will be taking a leave. You noticed that I said "most" tantrums not ALL tantrums. I wish I could say that!!

THANK YOU!! All of you that wrote in. I think I just needed some support. Sometimes I feel so isolated as a SAHM. It really helps having other Moms tell me that it gets better. Thanks again!

Comments (2)

Sponsored