SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
muskokamommy_gw

Inappropriate elimination! I feel like I am at work!

muskokamommy
21 years ago

I have read alot of posts about trouble potty training, but does any one have a preschooler that goes pee in inappropriate places just to be silly sometimes. I was downstairs with my daughter watching t.v, I caught her peeing and pooping in the kitty litter box. She is 4 years old!! I dealt with it accordingly, but yesterday caught her peeing on a blanket that was on the floor to be laundered. I timed her out once again. She will also be playing outside and has been known on occasion to pee in the great outdoors. I have let her know that all of these things are not acceptable. I have told her that if she decides to go pee outside, then the fun is over and she must come in and play in her room. I have praised her when using the bathroom like a big girl. I am thinking of making a chart where she gets a sticker for different things, one of which is a accident free day. I know that these are not accidents and I am sure it is a way of getting attention. I should mention that she only does this at home. If you have read my previous post you will know what a strong-willed little girl she can be. I sometimes think she does it because "I can therefore, I will!!" Once when she was in a Timeout she stood there and wet her underpants.

My girlfriend,the one with the easy child!, is appalled. If her daughter ever did this once, a simple no, and it would never happen again. I wish. Her daughter was toilet trained, both day and night within a week. Her DD is also 4 and is just starting to ride a trike and doesn't know how to do a somersault. O.K. sorry, I just had to get that out!!! It is really hard sometimes hearing how perfect someone elses child is. She now has a 2 year old and 4 month old twins. My daughter on the other hand moves at a higher speed. She isn't a daredevil, but she has been busy enough to experience lots of things in her short little life. When my DS was 14mth, her 2 year old bit him hard enough on the back to leave bloody teeth prints. When she asked me what had happened I told her. Her reply was he doesn't usually bite for no reason. And she didn't do anything. Of course I didn't suggest how she should discipline her child, but she finds no problem telling me what I am doing wrong. I am hoping with the things I am doing that this too shall pass, and I know something else shall take it's place. I have really enjoyed your suggestions on my previous post, so let me have it, I need all the help I can get. Thanks also for letting me vent. There is alot more where that came from, but I will save it for another time. Sharon

Comments (5)

Sponsored