SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tammy_gw

Kids not invited....

tammy
22 years ago

I need some advice...I have a 2 year old & a 5 month old. We live about 3 hours from my dad and his wife (they live in my hometown). We got an invitation to his retirement party from his wife. We had already known the date and several months ago had made hotel reservations for the weekend. Coincidentally, it is the same weekend as a softball tournament that I have always played in, so we figured it would work out well that we would be in my hometown for both the party & the softball tournament. The invitation reads "due to the length of the program, we ask that children not attend". It is a luncheon (from 12-4 pm). My DH and I are kind of offended. What do they expect we will do w/ our 2 young children for 4 hours, out of town? Should my DH sit in the hotel room for 4 hours or find something else to do? As I am playing softball up there the same weekend and we are going to see friends as well, my DH was planning on coming. Now he is thinking of not coming at all. We don't have anyone to watch our boys either where we live or in my hometown. My feeling is that, these are his grandchildren, how can they not be invited to his retirement party?

So, here is my question, should I just tell them we will celebrate w/ them a different time or should I really offend my DH and tell him he has to stay in the room w/ the kids or do something else (or stay home altogether) so I can go to the retirement party?

Comments (23)

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022