SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
apoem

Help- birthday woes

apoem
21 years ago

I have a three (on his birthday) son who has decided he wants a butterfly cake and wants a butterfly birthday for his party. He doesn't care about the presents so much as the cake and decorations and games and stuff.

Making the cake is no problem. I have directions for that and I"ll just let him put all the sprinkes and decorations he wants on it. That will make him happy.

Here is the problem- all the butterfly stuff I can find is very girlish. I am looking for some cheap decorating ideas and party favor ideas. I'd like some good indoor activities and outdoor activities.

Because the kids that are coming will be between the ages 3-4 we will do it outside where they can play on the playset. I have a picnic table out there and we'll serve cake out there. Assuming good weather of course. If it rains, we'll go inside.

I thought that either inside or outside I'd give the kids a coffee filter, a clothes pin and a fuzzy wire thing (can't remember the name right now for it) and let them make a butter fly by painting the coffee filter with water colors.

If it is inside I'll need a few more activities than if it were outside where they could play.

Any ideas?

Ginger

Comments (3)

Sponsored