SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
muskokamommy_gw

Is there any end in sight??

muskokamommy
21 years ago

I don't even know where to begin!! My 4 year old won't go to bed. This has been going on for about a month now, but before that we fell into the trap of letting her go to bed in our room or if we were going to bed early she just came and fell into bed with us and we took her to bed later (or not!)She is up now until 11pm(maybe later, maybe earlier) It's not like I don't know how to remedy the situation, but the process is soooo painful. She is also been challenging everything lately. At least more so than usual. As far as she is concerned, everything is negotiatable!! It's exhausting. I feel like all I do is yell. My DD is what you may call a spirited child. Full

of life and fun and laughter! What a personality. Never a dull moment. Oh what I wouldn't give for a dull moment! She is constantly getting into things and they all make a mess. I guess I could supervise her more closely, but I would have to be following her around constantly. She plays with soap, lotion, shampoo, makeup, powder etc. When I catch her she says she is "Just making a craft Mommy!" I do make her clean up, she must feel it was worth it because it goes on and on. I am trying to keep things out of reach, but where there is a will there is a way.

My good friend has a DD who never challenges her at all. She only has to say no once on most occasions. She is very low key. She just can't believe the things I tell her sometimes. I do think she has more rules than I do, but they are menial things like no going outside without shoes. I guess we will eventually ease back into a more appropriate bedtime. Tonight it took me an hour or more to get her to sleep. She had all these things she needed before she would go to sleep. Of course I could see right through it, but she still ended up in our bed!! I just had to get up to vent. Thanks for listening. I don't really need any help. Trust me I am VERY aware of all that I am doing right and wrong. My DD makes me laugh just as hard as she makes me cry, but does anyone else have any frustrating stories to tell?? Sharon

Comments (4)

Sponsored