Return to the Parents of Toddlers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Are you kidding??!!

Posted by netshound (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 10, 06 at 19:38

I had to go to a Parent/Teacher conferance for my 2 year old in Daycare! Are you kidding?? I mean, don't get me wrong, I did'nt mind but she's 2!! They said she was a great kid and really funny but sometimes she showed some attitude...she's 2!! At this stage she's feeling things out, testing the waters. Is'nt that where the "terrible 2" stage comes from! I'd be worrying if she was'nt doing that! And we wonder why these kids feels so much pressure as young adults. Conferences for 2 year olds!! Whats next? If something was going on that was bad or she was a bully or a biter, than I can see having to have a meeting, but to say sometimes she has a little attitude when she does'nt want to do something?? She's 2!!!! OK, I've vented... Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Are you kidding??!!

Don't ya feel a little better now!!! We all need to vent sometimes, otherwise I think we'll explode. I'm serious.

Vickey-MN

o

That is sooo true!!! Between working, taking care of my daughter AND husband, and the household stuff, it gets CRAZY sometimes!!

o

I am totally on the same page as you,I am a teacher and child care provider. Having a conference for 2yr.olds is not appropriate developmentally. What they need to do is turn the focus to what thay are doing for your 2yr. old. Then they could report how they obseve your child playing during the day. They could describe if HE/She enjoys interacting with the other children, calm or aggressive, verball, motor skills -enjoys fine or or groos motor activities, etc. You may want to look into a daycare that is developmentally focused.

o

Our daycare had a parent teacher conference thing. It is very similar to what Gracie-2006 said. They showed a portfolio of my son's art projects and went over the physical and behavior skills they have observed (in relation to what is age appropriate).

o

Well,at least they keep your child there with her 'attitude' My son was only 1 & the childcare didn't want him 2 continue going there because when they said 'no' he didn't listen. My 10 year old doesn't listen when I say no!lol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents of Toddlers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here