Return to the Parents of Toddlers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Urine stain / smell

Posted by MistieTX (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 17, 03 at 16:57

I posted this already on the cleaning forum, but though maybe some parents could help if their child had bed wetting problems. Sorry for the cross-post!

Help! I have my 4 kids staying with us from out of town for the month and the 5 y/o peed on my 2 month old sofa!! Is there any tried and true methods to getting rid of the stain/ smell?? We bought a warranty for the sofa for things such as this, but after reading the fine print today, it does not cover pet / human body fluids. I feel like crying......

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Urine stain / smell

Clean immediately with a baby wipe. That alone seemed to deoderize for me. But if the smell is still there, mix baking soda and hot water in a spray bottle. Spray on, and blot off with a clean, white cloth.

Good luck!!!

o

Use a product from the pet store called Nature's Miracal.....works like magic to remove urine stains....and odor.
Linda C

o

Fabreeze did the business for me when the cat got shut in the bedroom one day and had the choice - either pee on the bed or explode. He chose to moisten my blankets.

If fabreeze can neutralise tomcat's pee, surely it can do the same for your predicament.

o

Do the cushions come off? I have been know to disassemble to cushions and take them outside to hose them off. I even wash the covers in a very gentle wash cycle and hang dry. And use Nature's Miracle.

o

Put 1 part vinegar and 3 parts water in a spray bottle. Spray the cushion and set it outside, not in direct sunlight, or you'll bleach the fabric!

I cloth diaper, and this is how I get the smell out of my diaper pail!!

It cuts the urine smell! This works in the bathroom as well if you have a little boy who 'misses', or a hubby who does!!!! HAHA!

-Lisa

o

Hi I have had similar issues and i swear by this site as it covered most of my needs. I tried fabreeze without any luck although it made the area smell nice for a short time :0
I find detergents don't do it for me so we must have strong urine LOL

Here is a link that might be useful: urine stains

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents of Toddlers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here