Return to the Parents of Toddlers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
eye rolls back

Posted by victory_tea2085 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 3, 06 at 13:39

Our 11 month old "Caleb" recently started rolling his left eye back, independently of the right eye. Anyone have a common experience or have some insight? He has ptosis of the left eye, which means droopy eye lid. Thanks for any help.
Paul f B

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: eye rolls back

I'm not an eye doctor, but I do have some medical training concerning the eyes. I would suggest that you take Caleb to the pediatrician and get it checked out. He'll let you know if you need to go to the eyedoctor. It could be serious and might affect his vision for the rest of his life, even causing blindness in that eye and weak vision in his other eye from doing all the work.

Also, have you considered having surgery to correct the ptosis on his left eye?

Good luck, and I hope all goes well for little Caleb!

o
RE: eye rolls back

Our pediatrician ordered an EEG to rule out focal seizures. It is also possible he is doing it because he can. Research on the ptosis indicates that he should be old enough to be able to follow instructions, then it will be an outpatient surgery. Caleb saw an optimologist at a few monthes old and all seemed ok but that was before the start of eye rolling. We'll see how the eeg goes and then go from there. Thanks for your response. Paul F B

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents of Toddlers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here