Return to the Parents of Toddlers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Double Strollers

Posted by wishiwaswondermom (My Page) on
Mon, May 22, 06 at 19:44

I have a almost 4-year-old boy, an almost 2-year-old girl and am due with #4 at the end of August. I have a Graco DuoGlide in-line style double stroller and am not very happy with it. It weighs a ton, fills up half of the back of the mini van. It's very difficult to turn, especially with kids of different weights. It's also hard to manuever in tight spaces, although this seems somehow counter-intuitive. Can anyone recommend something else?

Moms with side-by-sides seem to be happy. The McClaren seems particularly sturdy. The Combi is supposed to be good too, although it feels less sturdy. I suppose this is just the way its made. I met someone else with the Peg Perego and was very happy with it (so far). Is there anything else out there?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Double Strollers

I had the DuoGlider too and was not happy for the same reasons. Its heavy and just more difficult that its worth.

I have the MacClaren side by side. The bad thing is that its a side by side so the older kid can reach (hit) the younger child. It also does not have a tray in front of the child which is useful when you want to 10 minutes in a store - no tray so no place to really put a drink and snacks. But I have to say, I love it. I've had it for over two years and am very happy. Its small and easy to use. That pretty much overshadows all the bad things. I've also come to realize that no one stroller serves your needs (which explains a news report that I saw with women that had six strollers). So bottom line - if I had to pick just one double stroller, it would be the MacClaren side by side. Good luck on your hunt.

HotSpotMama

Here is a link that might be useful: AmericanInventorSpot

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents of Toddlers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here