Return to the Parents of Toddlers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can You Recommend Cabinet Locks?

Posted by mpp798 (My Page) on
Sun, May 11, 08 at 18:10

Our twelve month old twin grandchildren get into everything. We just moved into a new home. I want to put locks on all the kitchen cabinets so they can't open them. Can you recommend a really good kind that will not damage the cupboards. I do not want to drill holes. I haven't been able to find any reviews on the internet, only adds. Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can You Recommend Cabinet Locks?

Look in your local hardware store. We bought those hook latches in nylon like plastic. You attach them inside the cabinet doors and you do screw them into the inside of the doors and drawers.

o

THE ONES WE USED ARE BY SAFTEY FIRST OR THE FIRST YEARS I CAN'T REMENBER WHICH AND DID GET SCREWED IN BUT TO THE BACKSIDE OF THE CABNIT AND THEY WERE MAGNETIC.THERE WAS NO EVIDENCE OF LOCKS WHEN YOU LOOKED AT THE CABNITS! THESE WOULD ONLY BE GOOD IF YOU HAD THE CHILDREN ALOT BECAUSE YOU USE A MAGNET TO OPEN THEM (NOT VERY CONVENIENT). WE KEPT THE MAGNET ON THE SIDE OF FRIDGE AND A SPOT ON THE WINDOWSILL THAT HAD METAL. WE LIKE THEM BECAUSE THEY DID NOT OPEN AT ALL SO NO FINGER PINCHING. THE STRAP KIND LET THE DOOR OPEN SLIGHTLY AND THEIR FINGERS CAN GET IN THERE.

o

I got mine from Target. I believe they were safety first brand. There are a few different options depending on your cabinets. I would experiment with those. They are fairly cheap to purchase.

o

I saw those magnet locks once but can't remember where. Can you tell me what store you got them or if you can order them online? I think they are great.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents of Toddlers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here