Return to the Parents of Toddlers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My 3 year old and tantrums

Posted by livisandlaylasmommy (My Page) on
Mon, May 7, 12 at 17:51

Well this is the story its not just naps but all the time! She decided after some school time that she was going to throw a fit after dropping her pencil on the ground and even when she was completely capable of getting up and getting it she instead threw the hugest fit cause I wasnt going to get it for her....I on the other hand had to fix lunch for my 1year old and was not able to, even if I wanted to! I looking at the time realized it was time for her nap again another fit over something else so I picked her up and she began screaming and kicking me as if I were beating her and grabbed every wall on the way to her room! Any advice on this situation would be great Im at my breaking point and realize any advice at this point would be just wonderful! Now shes a very great and smart kid she really is
but what am I going to do when she begins real school and has these issues??Please Help!!! Ive tried many things including taking toys, taking the TV, putting her in corners even a spanking every now and then WHAT DO I DO IM SO LOST!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My 3 year old and tantrums

I have a 3 and a 1 year old as well. Every so often my older daughter will go through those phases. My advice is ignore the tantrums completely! Let her wail about her dropped pencil for as long as she wants, just ignore it. If she doesn't get the response she was looking for she won't do it. We have a rule that it is perfectly fine to be upset but being disruptive is not OK. If I can't ignore it she goes to her time out chair until she calms down enough to talk about it. This too shall pass.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents of Toddlers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here