SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
homersgarden

New to site....terrible two problems

homersgarden
19 years ago

I am brand new to this site so I will introduce myself (I am sure it will become one of my favorites quickly). I am a middle school teacher who has a wonderful 2 1/2 year-old son.

Parenting does not come naturally to me...in fact, I find it easier to manage a class of 30 13 year-olds than my son. Drexler is VERY active. He loves to play, he talks well, and is almost always in a great mood. He is very well adjusted and is FUNNY. Lately he has began to hit me and yell, "I am not going to do that. I not go want you to look at me. I not be patient."

Last night was HORRIBLE at the grocery store where he began to throw a tantrum and hit and spit at me. I was embarrassed and upset. I am not sure what to do. He is wonderful for my husband and does not pull any of this with his daddy...just me. I got him out to the car and put him in and told him he hurt my feelings and that he was not being nice. I asked him to look me in the eyes and he would not even look at me. In fact he acted like he was sleeping and told me "Do not wake me up, Mommy" (I held a strait face, but boy did I want to laugh at that.) He finally told me sorry.

This morning he told me sorry for breaking my feelings at the store. I know he gets it...

What would you have done or do?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner