SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nadastimer

Your child have an imaginary friend?

nadastimer
21 years ago

We recently noticed our 3 year old son has been talking to someone. I asked who it was and well, I keep hearing that he's talking or playing with Eric and Nicole. Eric and Nicole are his cousins and they are 6 and 4. Our son loves to play with them but we dont' see much of them. Most of the reason is that we have problems dealing with my fiance's SIL and we just stay away. When DS does see his cousin's they are pretty rude to him. Eric won't talk to him, kind of ignores him until he's in his face yelling his name. And then they were playing and Eric was helping our son up on the chair beside him until I got out of the room and we heard our son scream.He said Eric did it so we're pretty sure he pushed him off the chair. Anyway, it just seems so weird that he would chose real people to be his imaginary friends. Could it be because of something going on? Or just a normal kid thing? Yesterday we had to take Eric and Nicole (the imaginary ones) to the store with us and Shane pushed the cart with them in it. When we got to the car Shane started to cry because we forgot them in the store! I don't know exactly how to handle all this. I tried playing along but it's going to get difficult and I can see it already. Any suggestions or stories of your own?

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Columbus Premier Design-Build and General Contractor