Return to the Parents of Toddlers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Toddlers wont sleep with covers on....

Posted by sueque67 (My Page) on
Wed, May 25, 05 at 11:49

My 14 mth old has never been able to sleep with covers on him. When he started crawling the covers were no more.
I have to put footed pjs on him at night because he will pull the covers off of him.
When do children start sleeping with covers on and not rolling up in them or pulling them off? He wakes himself up when he does this.
My other son (who is 17 now) never had a problem being covered. I worry that my youngest will get sick because the temps here vary widely at night. I just don't want him to get to hot or cold at night. Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Toddlers wont sleep with covers on....

My 15 month old and 33 month old sons both sleep with no covers and no socks or anything. We've never had a problem with sickness and when we go to bed I just make sure their room is a good temperature. When they get cold they tuck their hands under their bodies and curl up but their feet never bother them-only me. I think it is more of an issue for adults than kids. We just have a baby blanket and their fitted sheet on the beds.

o
RE: Toddlers wont sleep with covers on....

When she was a baby (and even now at 7), my daughter is hot-natured, always has been. If I put her in footed PJ's she would be cranky all night and not sleep.

Her friend, however, is the opposite. She would never be able to sleep in a gown, she still wears footed PJs at 7.

If they kick the covers off, they are hot. When DD does get chilled, she pulls the covers back on during the night.

As a baby, keep one simple cover in the bed, so they can easily adjust it as their temperature changes.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents of Toddlers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here