Return to the Parents of Toddlers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
9 month grandson toys for grandparents house?

Posted by lpinkmountain (My Page) on
Fri, May 4, 12 at 10:15

We would like to have more visits with BF's grandson and so for our first official visit I'd like to set up a small play mat in the living room with some toys appropriate for a 9 month old very smart, active boy. Grandad doesn't get to see his grandson very often so I'm looking for things that will be maximum fun for the baby and give lots of interaction with grandad. Books we have a lot of, my hobby is collecting children's books. I want to keep it simple, I don't want to get a whole bumch of elaborate things. I know that a set of pots and pans and a wooden spoon would probably keep him happy as could be but since the visits are rare and short, I wanted to have a little something extra available. But I don't want to look like I'm trying to impress anyone or spoil him either. Just a couple of nice things that we could keep around the house for any future visits. Any recommendations?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 9 month grandson toys for grandparents house?

My 9-month-old grandson enjoys this Laugh & Learn Musical Table. It has different settings to make the various activities musical or educational in other areas--including learning a little Spanish. My grandson pulls himself up to stand next to it, and "cruises" around, trying the different activities.

I recently ordered this Hide & Squeak Egg Game for him, but as it hasn't arrived yet I can't comment on it. The reviews are good, though.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents of Toddlers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here