SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
myfampg

Bedtime routine? What's yours

myfampg
13 years ago

I don't think my bedtime routine for my 3 year old is working. We get home from school/work at 530. We play outside. Dinner is ready about 630. It takes an army to get him to eat and then we start bath about 7. He loves bathtime. However long bathtime is, we play and clean up etc until 8. We start talking about bed at 8. He is a booger to get to bed. I posted on another thread that I felt he was sleeping too much during the day so that has been changed and at least we are no longer fighting bedtime until midnight but 10 is just too late and too long. 2 hours of struggling and I'm just spent. What is everyone's suggestions. And while I'm at it ... How do you get your kids to eat?

I stopped allowing any snacks after we get home so that he would be starving at dinner but he still doesn't eat much. Tonight and last night he ate nothing. He says he is hungry but won't touch what is offered and of course uses the 'I'm hungry' excuse at bed. We don't give in but I feel terrible. I feel like I'm sending him to bed starving but his dinner is still sitting on the table untouched. For many years with my older daughter, I would make a special meal especially when he was a baby because it was only special for her. Like Mac and cheese or chicken nuggets corn dog hot dog but I stopped that as it became too much to make everyone their own meal. As my daughter has gotten older, I don't struggle getting her to eat what we eat but I can't get him to touch anything I fix if it's not pretty and kid friendly. Does anyone make two separate meals? Am I really the only one that refuses to give in to that? Some friends say I need to just make him what he likes or fix pb&j every night. I literally refuse to do so. I know how exhausting it became but I'm afraid he isn't eating enough and the battle is becoming too much. Help!?!!

Comments (6)

Sponsored