Return to the Parents of Toddlers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
twin bed or full bed for a toddler

Posted by arcy_2007 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 22, 07 at 13:40

I am trying to find out what would be better for a toddler a twin bed or a full bed size? we bought a twin bed for our daugher who is 33 months old and my husband keeps insisting that we need to switch it to a full size for the long term. the manager at the furniture store is willing to make the switch. I think that even for long term a twin is okay, but I am open to a full size since it would probably be more comfortable for her in later years. I can't make a decision at this point becuase I also think a twin is more than enough and she will be able to use it until she is probably 13 or 14. any ideas, suggestions.
I really need help in making this decision since I need to get back to the store manager with my choice. Please help!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: twin bed or full bed for a toddler

There is no way any kid "needs" a full sized bed.
But when they get older it is kind of fun for sleepovers.
Linda C

o

We have all our kids in full size beds. I know it not something that they need however we are very frugal with money. We knew that eventually they would all move into bigger beds so we figured to just save the money now by not buying twin and having to buy again later. The full size is great for sleepovers and the kids love to share beds with each other.

o

My kids always had twin beds growing up. They bought their own full/queen/king when they moved out. Budget said twin, room in house said twin, so that's what they got.

Vickey-MN

o

We went with a full size bed. our DS didn't need it, but Mom and Dad did......He went through a period of needing someone to lay down with him to fall asleep during the night terror times. So we upsized to ensure if we were laying down with him and happened to fall asleep, we might get a couple hours of decent rest, rather than hanging off the side of a twin.....

And he loves the big bed, can share with his cousin if they have a sleep over.

o

We bought our kids twins. They had plenty of extra room for playing that way. I saw no need for a full bed. When they graduated and went out on their own, they all bought queen sized beds (hoping to get lucky). The oldest married, and she abandoned the queen for a king.

o

My older son's twin bed is still fine and he's 19!
Younger son has a queen, but only because it was a hand-me-down.

o

I'm a fluffy adult, and I have a twin! As a small child I had a full size bed but that was because my parents inherited it from my grandmother. When we moved and couldn't bring much furniture with us they bought us twins and I don't recall having any problems adjusting. I had a twin until I moved out and bought my own full sized bed. Now I've moved into a twin and don't miss the queen I used to have. Your children will be fine in twins.

o

If I had it to do over, I would get twin extra long size for our sons as our family is tall.

o

We just got our son a neat bed from Amazon. That purchase made my entire family's life so much better!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Best Toddler Beds

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents of Toddlers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here