Return to the Parents of Toddlers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sesame Place

Posted by Michie1 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 27, 03 at 0:22

Has anyone taken then 2 yr old to Sesame Place. I was wondering if there are enough activities there for a toddler to do?

Michie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sesame Place

Not yet. But I plan on taking our 2 year old this summer. It seems like the only theme park on the east coast that does have enough activities for a toddler. Kings Dominion and 6 Flags have kiddie sections, but the rides are mostly for 4 years and up, and it's just not worth the cost of admission. If the website is anything to go by, Sesame Place just like Sesame Street is including many toddler activities alongside it's traditional preschooler activities. You can go to the website and review it one ride at a time to determine it's value to you. I haven't logged onto this site in quite some time and was really pleasantly surprised to find a question about something that I had just researched! Tell us about it if you decide to go. It'll probably be July before we get there.

o

Sesame Place is wonderful for little tots. It's been a long time since I was there, but I know lots of parents who've been there recently. It's really geared for little ones.

o

I have been to Sesame Place a few times and yes, under ideal circumstances there are lots of things to do that young kids enjoy. That being said, there are several negatives to consider also:

1. Bus Tours. If you want your child to be able to enjoy many of the activities, be sure to get there when they open in the morning, the buses arrive aroud 11:00 AM and everything is overrun with older kids who are only marginally supervised.

2. Expense. If $ are at all a concern, pack your own snack and lunch. Like most parks it is very expensive to buy food there. Also, tickets are quite expensive if the child is only good for a couple of hours.

3. Weather. Remember a portion of Sesame Place is water games/slides/etc. If it isn't sunny and warm your child may not be able to take advantage of the entire facility.

JMHOs

Alexa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents of Toddlers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here