Return to the Parents of Toddlers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Flouride????

Posted by morgans_mom (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 8, 07 at 16:43

My daughter is 8 months old and her MD perscribed her flouride . I do not have a problem giving this to her because I know that it is good for teeth, bones, etc. But my ? is has anyone had any problems with (very) loose stool. I have been giving it to her for about a week and a half now and ever since then she's had loose stool and the flouride is the only thing I can attribute it to. ???????????

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Flouride????

Did you do any research before giving flouride to her? I am pretty sure it's toxic and would not be giving it to my kids. I don't have time right now, but I may be able to find a credible link in the next few days.

o

I "think" there is usually fluoride in the the water in most municipalites, but in some areas there is not, or it is very low so pediatricians recommend adding it after 6 months...at least that is my understanding of it.

Oh, and I don't usually poin this out, because my spelling and typing is awful but just in case you are trying to do research on it I believe fluoride is spelled with the U before the O...got me when I was looking it up!

Sorry I don't have an answer about the loose stools...I'd go ahead and call the pediatrician's office and ask.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fluoride and Water

o

If there is no flouride present in your water, either naturally or added by the water purification plant, you need to give your baby supplements to provide enough flourine to build tooth enamel.
BUT the dose you give her is dependant on the amount of flourine in your water. And symptoms of voer dosing could be gastro intestinal upset.
Have your druggist double check the dosing....sounds like she is getting too much.
Linda C

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents of Toddlers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here