Return to the Parents of Toddlers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Feeding seat & crib...

Posted by anna_ca (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 9, 02 at 21:57

We would like to buy the First years 4- in -1 feeding seat for pur 12- month old. Does anyone have any experience with this?. Any information would be greatly appreciated! Also, these cribs that are convertable (upto a full bed), can they really be used that long, or is it better to stick with a regular crib?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Feeding seat & crib...

Anna,
I'm not familar with the high chair you are talking about but I believe even our Graco was considered a 4 in 1 or something. What they meant by that was that it had several different positions that you could put it in to work with the child as they grew. We used that thing for about 2 + years and DS recently started sitting in a booster at the table with us. I really think the things that you can use over time are much better than something that you use for a few months and replace. The less things you have to keep and store, the better. I wouldn't recommend it for families that are hard on things, though, because you won't get your money's worth if you have to replace the thing because you didn't care for it. I like the idea of the bed, too but again take care of it as best as you can so when your child is using it later, you aren't wishing you just bought seperate stuff. Another thing is that most parents buy the crib and use it for several kids and then buy them a new bed when they get older. You would have to buy a new crib later on. Just something I thought of. Sorry, I can't be of more help. I just thought I would try to help by answering you post.

~Leslie~

o

Thanks a lot for the response, Leslie. The feeding seat I was talking about is not a high chair but a booster seat. Since we managed without a high chair for so long, we were wondering if we could skip it and just move on to the booster seat.

o

Oh, okay. Um, you should be able to do that just fine. Of course you'll need to find one that will get your child to the right heighth to work with your chairs and table. It may get messy, but it's messy no matter how you do it with young kids. I would think that if you can get away with not buying a height chair, go for it. They're really hard to store. We're trying to make room in the shed for ours or find the darn book to show you how to fold it. It's been in the spare room for a couple months and I'm in spring cleaning mode :-) Good luck!

~Leslie~

o

I know the one you're talking about. I have a regular high chair and the 4 in 1. The 4 in 1 has a tray, so it's convenient for both home and travel since they fold up easily. My 14 month old has been in both since she was 10 months old, so it should not be a problem with your 12 month old. Just make sure that you strap it tight to the chair it's on so that your little one won't fall off.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents of Toddlers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here