SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
adrienne_11

Won't Fall Asleep - Help!

Adrienne_11
22 years ago

I need your help! My 18mo old has just gotten over a bout of the flu, complete with sinus infection and infected tonsils. The round of anti-biotics gave him terrible runs and ... of course, diaper rash.

He's still cutting his molars and I know he's just getting back to normal. But I cannot get him to fall asleep. Not at bed time, and not for naps. The strange thing is that 2 of his little play friends are both doing the same thing.

One Mom's doctor said that they just go through these phases. But I'm worried that he's still sick and can't tell me, or that he's afraid of the dark or something.

All three Mom's use different approaches to putting our children down, but none of us can seem to settle them. I still cuddle my little guy and then put him in his toddler bed and stroke his cheek as he falls asleep, usually within 5 to 15min. These days, it's more like 2 hours.

I know that some of you will be saying that I need to let him fall asleep on his own, but even the Mom who does that can't get her little one to sleep.

Will this pass? Have any of you experienced this? Help! I feel so lost!

Adrienne

Comments (7)

Sponsored