SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrswoj

Eating table food

mrswoj
22 years ago

My ds will not try any new foods. He is 13 months old. When I first started him on cereal, fruits and vegies at 4 months old he did great. He would get fustrated if we did not shovel the food in his mouth fast enough. At about 7 months he started having stomach problems and refused to eat anything but his bottle. To make a long story short after about 3 months of testing and medication he started eating again. Turns out he is alergic to something, although we can't figure out what, he is on prilosec and still drinks formula (nutramagin).

Now he is 13 months old and still eats baby cereal and fruit. He will eat some baby vegitables. He will eat cherios, bread and animal cookies. He will eat cut up grapes and melon but sucks the juice out of them and spits the rest out. I have tried many things but cannot give him anything dairy as he may be allergic to them. I have tried fresh mashed vegies, gerber graduates and stage 3 babyfood. I have tried mashing noodles and even meat.

Has anyone had this problem and what can I do to get him to start eating table food. I have heard if you wait too long to introduce textured food the child will have a hard time adjusting to it. Is this true or is he normal to be still eating baby food.

Thanks for any help you can give me

Mrswoj

Comments (3)

Sponsored