SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
erica_2009

desperate mother of 3 year old/ bad behavior

erica_2009
15 years ago

Iam a desperate mother of a 3 year old and everything i do doesnt work he refuses to talk when im around but if im not there hes talking with no problem hes a good boy for everyone else he can be at grandmas his uncle's or his godparents even my fiance's mothers house and he talks and he listens very rarely pitches fits (which is all the time when im around) as soon as i walk in he starts acting up not listening getting into things that he knows hes not supposed to get into he wont ask 4 anything he whines all the time no matter how much attention i give him it seems like its never enough i work with him on his word books he still acts like he cant talk and i know he can its so aggervating. We have tried everything we can think of he has a naughty chair when he is bad he has to sit in it that doesnt work he keeps getting up or screaming and we have a "neighbor" that lives upstairs from us and has called cps on us because of his fits and his screaming fits we cannot move at this moment because of how bad the economy is. But now because of cps and their threats we are afraid to punish him and i know he knows that. these ppl came in my house and told me in no uncertain terms that i could not punish him in anyway the only thing i can do is give him a timeout and im sorry but in my opinon TIMEOUTS only work on a small fraction of children. My fiance spends as much time with my son as he can because his biological father isnt there for him, (he knows my finace as daddy hes been the only daddy hes known for way over a year and a half) his behavior is out of control and its me and i dont know what to do anymore i just want him to listen and talk I feel its my fault cause after his "father" walked out on him i think i overcompensated i would watch my son stand in front of my living room window looking and waiting for that ***hole to show up 2 come get him (sometimes up to 3 hours) and he would just blow my son off and not come no phone call no nothing) because i felt so bad for my son i lacked on the "rules" and now its come back to bite me and i dont know how to correct it.

I NEED HELP!

Comments (4)

Sponsored