SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
the4toofs

3 Year Old daughter - Afraid of noises!

the4toofs
22 years ago

Hi Everyone,

Within the past few weeks my 3 yr old daughter is so afraid of all kinds of noises. Inside and out! Whenever she goes to bed, for naps or for the night, she starts to cry and says that something is under her bed or that a "Bad Man" is in her room. She has a nightlight and I leave her door cracked open and she sleeps with a radio. Sometimes there are noises, like the furnace or one of our cats in her room. So, I explain to her what the noises are and then she is okay. But we have to do this everyday. I stay home with her (and her 7 year old brother) so I know what she watches on t.v. and see's on a daily basis. I don't know of any really scary things she has seen. Yesterday, we were visiting her Grandparents who live on 10 acres of woods and my DD and her brother went outside to play. She freaked out and said she could hear noises and wanted to come back inside. This all came on really suddenly and I was just curious if anyone else has dealt with this. Is it maybe just an age thing?? And, do you all think I am handling it properly?? Her brother I don't remember having a real problem with this.

Just curious of what anyone else has done to help ease their child through this scary time.

Have a great day.

Angela

Comments (11)

Sponsored