SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
adellabedella_usa

More Potty training

Adella Bedella
21 years ago

How do you handle the transitional phases of potty training? Here is the situation. DS is 2 1/2 yo. He likes to poop on the potty and pees there too if he's allowed to run around naked or if he is having a good day. I think he is close to being fully trained, but he refuses to wear underwear. He demands his pullups if he wears anything at all. I've tried Thomas the Tank engine and some construction briefs, but throws a big fit and cries about those. I've got some boxers on order from Gap and a note from Santa. (Yes, we are still talking about Santa here in mid-January and DS is still trying to impress him.) I'm hoping DS will like the boxers, but I'm not sure what to do if he doesn't. Does everyone have a problem with getting their kids to wear underwear?

My other problem is using the potty in public places. Do all kids have to visit the restroom at every store they use? DS goes everytime he says he has to so that's not the problem, but I'm not used to dropping what I'm doing and spending 30 minutes or so at a time in there. He's not on any type of schedule so I can't work around him. Also, I have a 9 mo ds that I have to entertain during this time. Even if I can take the cart or stroller into the bathroom, I can't leave the baby in there because he tries to climb out. DH has been out of town for a couple of weeks so I can't leave the kids home either. I need some suggestions for handling this.

Thanks,

Adella

Comments (9)

Sponsored