Return to the Parents of Toddlers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mommy & Me classes are cancelled boo hoo

Posted by Momma_Bird_OH (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 30, 03 at 13:52

I've been taking my 3 y.o. son to a Mommy & Me class at our city recreation center since he turned 2. It's really fun for him, there is a circle time w/songs and somersaults, 15 min. playing on the gymnastics equipment, art time, parachute time, then wrap up with a "parade" using toy instruments. He loves it becuase he knows what to expect and it's just FUN.

My city is in a budget crisis and the city council cut the rec center budgest WAY back. The Mommy & Me class is cancelled indefinitely. I'm so disappointed for both my own sake and for DS!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mommy & Me classes are cancelled boo hoo

Times must really be tough. Not provided by city, but I was taking an adult jazz dance class once a week. Just got a voicemail from the center owner that they can no longer do the class, due to lack of interest. BOO HOO! I am interested!

It was one of my few "me" activities that I did.

I hope you're able to find something to do with DS. The libraries in our area do reading circles that are free. Maybe he would enjoy that!

o

Hi TREKaren! DH takes DS to story time at the library weekly - that's the "daddy and me" activity. Mommy & Me was our "mommy" activity. So I'll have to find something else. There is another rec center in the 'burb closest to us, they might have something but I'd have to pay the non-resident fee. Sorry about your jazz class, that sounds fun!

o

Our local zoo has a free program that they do once a week. If you have a zoo in your area, that might be fun.

o

Also pick up one of those local free parent magazines. Hopefully you have one in your area. The pediatrician offices usually have copies. Look thru them for ideas for all kinds of free activities at museums, farms, etc.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents of Toddlers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here