SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jainie_s

Help! Children wake up too early

Jainie_S
22 years ago

My kids, boy, 3 yrs and girl 18 month, wake up at between 4:00 and 5:00 am every day. Even on weekends. They go to bed between 8:00 and 9:00 pm at night. Boy gets 1.5- 2.0 hour nap at pre-school and girl gets 2 hr nap at daycare. They want to watch TV early in the morning. They cry, make noise, move around and wake each other up, and us to the point where we are sleep deprived. My son was recently potty trained, so we can't lock him in his room. My daughter is so loud that if the boy isn't up by 5:00 on his own, she wakes him up. We have tried to tell my son that he has to play in his room quietly until 6:30 am or when we come to get him, he doesn't. he turns on all of the lights and goes to the living room and watches TV. We have put a clock in his room so that he can see if it's time to get up, we have threatened to take toys, privileges, etc.

Once they wake me up, I can't get back to sleep. I am at the point where I am so frustrated, I am going to throw the TV away and wear ear muffs. My husband is going to buy door knobs that lock today and put them on backward, I plan to tell my son that he can only come out to go to the bathroom and no more TV in the morning until he gets it. The girl is too young to understand.

Am I alone? Am I the only one with rooster children? I feel like I am going insane, only 3-4 hours of sleep a night. I go to bed at 10:00, but it takes me at least an hour to fall asleep, regardless of how tired I am.

I have become a raging maniac. I feel so grumpy and frazzed. Any successes out there would be so welcome. I am ready to run away from my family just to get a decent nights sleep.

Jainie

Comments (20)

Sponsored