SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bizydiggin

30 month old refuses to eat dinner

bizydiggin
17 years ago

New to the forum, and I'm impressed with the wonderful advice that many of you have to offer. I hoping that you can help me with this one.

We spent most of the summer and fall months living at the drive thru windows. My son likes to play McDonald's and will take your order, even asking if you want a pie. This is all pathetic I know, but we didn't have much choice, it's the result of a military transfer and a very slow builder. Needless to say, the little guy will not eat dinner anymore!

Breakfast is around 8AM and, for example, he'll have pancakes, peaches and a glass of milk. Lunch is at noon grilled cheese sandwich, mixed fruit and green beans, and milk. His teenage sisters get home from school at 3:30 and share a snack with him, usually a salad or Ramen noodles or a sandwich. But when dinner rolls around at 6:00, he refuses to eat, no matter what we're having.

I've never subscribed to fixing separate meals for each memeber of the family, but iin desperation, I have tried to give him something else that I know he likes, only to have him feed it to the dog.

Is this just a phase (it's been going on for about 2 months now), or is this a cause for concern. He seems to be growing and developing normally, if he hadn't he'd have already been to the doctors.

Are there any "tricks" that anyone might suggest?

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County