SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tarawafer

I am at a loss as to how to handle this...

TaraWafer
22 years ago

Okay, it is another pottytraining question. I hope that's alright. :)

DD is 2 1/2. We had been having lots of trouble getting her to go potty in the toilet. She would fight us.

Now over the past few days she seems to have turned a corner. She will hold going peepee for at least 2 hours at home (when just a few days ago holding it for 1 hour was hard enough). And now she is fighting me worse.

I have caught her in the bathroom twice trying to go peepee, but she had already gone some in her pull-ups. So one of my questions is, do I back off and let her see if she can figure out when she needs to go? Or do I continue trying to convince her to go potty every 2 to 3 hours??

And is there any trick to teaching them to poop in the toilet? DD will not do it. She knows that is where she is supposed to go, but won't. She is on an antibiotic so I don't want to put her into panties yet. I am hoping that maybe pooping in panties will feel yucky and she'll go in the toilet. But right now, I know she can't control it so well because they antibiotic is making the stools more loose.

Any tips would be great. I am just at such a loss about what to do. And I don't want to make her hate going in the toilet or revert back to going in the pull-ups. Thanks in advance!!

-Tara W

Comments (4)

Sponsored
FineLine Kitchens, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars81 Reviews
Award Winning Kitchen & Bath Design Center Serving the DMV Area