Return to the Parents of Infants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Colic

Posted by Berk (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 5, 05 at 12:40

Hello, My daughter just had twins 5 weeks ago.
The girls are beautiful but one of them has colic.
Do you have any suggestions on what will releive colic?
She has tried those drops but they don't seem to help any.
Thanks and I sure hope someone has a good suggestion.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Colic

is she breastfeeding or using formula, because there is a new formula by infamil called gentleease and it is awesome my baby is a new child, not that she is on it.

o

The magic thing for my daughter was rice cereal....thickened up the milk and seemed to prevent her intestines from cramping.
Linda C

o

My firstborn had colic, and 29 years ago those drops didn't help then either, though a good, stiff drink might have helped me! LOL What an ordeal. Swaddling helped my oldest daughter when she had colic, but we didn't call it that, I just wrapped her up and kept her warm.

I got my daughter a Miracle Blanket before my grandson was born. Turns out he doesn't like to be swaddled, but there have been a few really fussy nights when it worked, it calmed him down. I also got my daughter the book The Happiest Baby on the Block. She says it has some good ideas that helped, (and some strange ones). Fortunately, they do outgrow colic, but it's going to be tough. I hope she has lots of help, especially from grandmothers, who can hold and soothe and rock and walk those babies, and hug and hold that mother. She probably desparately needs the help right now, having one newborn is hard enough, I can't imagine doing it with two.

o

It is also possible that she has reflux. Many times what we think is colic may be reflux.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents of Infants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here