Return to the Parents of Infants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Getting baby back on schedule

Posted by Leticia_Nicole (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 17, 05 at 17:11

My 7 week old used to be on a good schedule sleeping three to four hours then wake up for a bottle. I came to visit my parents and for every little thing they want to feed her. Even if i say no they wait till I'm gone. Now she is only eating around 2 ounces then sleeps for an hour to an hour and a half then wants more. I want to get back on the same schedule as before but i feel like I'm starving her if I wait to long. Any ideas on what to do.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Getting baby back on schedule

Oh those grandparents, gotta love them huh? I would feed her, wait the 3-4 hours and then feed again, if she cries/fusses, it should only last a day or two until you get back on schedule. You need your sanity! Plus I would make sure to call my mother and casually "complain" about what is happening...

o
RE: Getting baby back on schedule

Sorry....I suspect she is going through a growth spurt and needs the food.
Never let a baby cry because you don't feel like feeding her just then. She will get herself back on a reasonable schedule soon enough. During the day, keep her in the same room as you are.....so she knows it is day time and not night.....and at night but her in her room in the dark with the door shut for quiet....and she will soon sleep when she should and eat when she should.
Meanwhile....if she's hungry, feed her!
I would guess this is your first child....and I would also guess you have not had her back to the Dr. for a while.
She has a lot of growing to do in these next few months.....she won't over eat at 7 weeks.
Was she small at birth? What has she gained so far? It should be almost 2 pounds since birth.
Some babies just don't eat well in the first weeks and will be content to sleep unless you wake them. She should be eating about 20 oz a day.....depending if she is a big baby or a tiny one.
Have you changed the formula? Are the nipples getting worn? Does she have thrush....a sore mouth?.
Grand parents feeding a baby when she cries can't ruin her schedule.....there is sometning else going on here.
Linda C

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents of Infants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here