Return to the Parents of Infants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Grandmother Needs Gift Ideas

Posted by kathy862 (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 29, 02 at 16:36

We have a one year old Granddaughter. I'd like to find something really special, something SHE'D really like.
It's been years since we browsed the baby toy aisles.
I've looked and looked, and can't see anything that grabs me.
She's just beginning to walk, and climb--she's a very, very busy (active) little girl.
Do any of you Mothers out there have any ideas for me?
TIA :^)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Grandmother Needs Gift Ideas

We just bought our 10-month-old granddaughter a great new item. It is a peek-a-boo plastic "house" that holds balls made by Fisher Price. The box says 18 months so use your own judgement but I don't see anything in this that could hurt her. She loves getting in it to play with all the balls that came with it. It certainly gives her a break from her constant walking. She is all giggles when we play peek-a-boo with her thru the side plastic windows. It would help to have one of those electric items that can blow up airbeds.

o
RE: Grandmother Needs Gift Ideas

Hi. I usually hang out in the craft forums but my SIL is expecting her 1st child in March so thought I'd peek in here and get in the baby mood. :)
Anyway Kathy I wrote this poem for someone else to give his grand daughter with a charm bracelet and thought you might be able to use it too:

A special grand daughter
charmed her way into my heart,
she is a gift from heaven
and I loved her from the start.
I wanted to buy a special gift
something she would truly treasure,
teddy bears and clothing
just werent quite up to measure.
Something that would grow with her
and express my joy and pride
something I could add too
from birth to blushing bride.
So I give this bracelet
And a charm or two
And I will keep it growing
Just like my love for you.
~Sue Pitchfork~

LOL do you think she is ready for her very own drum set?
Hope this helps and that you don't mind me just jumping in.
Sue :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents of Infants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here