Return to the Parents of Infants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Your favorite baby book?

Posted by imago61 (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 14, 04 at 11:09

Just found out TODAY that I'm gonna be a grandma in July...I got great suggestions for pregnancy books here (bought my daughter three!) but haven't seen much about baby's first year.
Any suggestions? Thanks!

PS
WOO_HOO!! ;~)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Your favorite baby book?

Believe it or not I still have the 'Baby's First Year' by Dr. Spock that I used when all three of my children were babies. When we found out my youngest dd was expecting her first baby that was the first book I went out and bought for her. I also have a new one for myself. I've always thought Dr. Spock was a fantastic baby doctor. I like his 'practical' thoughts on childcare.

Dancey

o

CONGRATULATIONS imago!!

Books? You mean they have books? LOL

You obviously did fine without one, share your own experiences with your daughter and that will be more valuable than anything she can ever read. If you try to peg the baby's "supposed" responses or development based on a book you'll miss out on the baby's true own personality!

o

my daughter is enjoying the what to expect books. i bought her the pregnancy one at the beginnning of her pregnancy and the first year book for a shower gift

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents of Infants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here