SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
proserpina_gw

I didn't mean to wean....

proserpina
16 years ago

I am afraid I have weaned my baby (6m) without meaning to do so. Let me explain....

While at breakfast and at lunch he would nurse before eating solids, at dinner time I would just use formula in his rice and voila! Dinner was ready: I would "hand my son off" to my husband so he could feed the baby while I prepared the dinner for the rest of us (I have 3 step-children, so this was all a timing-balancing dinner-time-act). At the beginning I would nurse once at night, but then my son began sleeping through the night so I would only nurse in the mornings.... Meaning, from 3 I went down to 2 nursing sessions in a day.

For the past 2-3 days, he's been pulling away when I go to nurse. He gets really fussy and doesn't want to have anything to do with the brest (he'll latch on, give it a couple of tries and then pull away). I try to soothe him and bring him close again, but he just starts whailing again.

Afraid that maybe I wasn't making enough milk, I tried pumping today and nothing came out. Have I unwillingly weaned my son? Can I back-track and get my milk back? I was really hoping to nurse at least until he was a year old.... I need some advice. :o(

Comments (4)

Sponsored