Return to the Parents of Infants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Car Seats

Posted by proserpina (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 19, 07 at 16:52

My son is ready to graduate from his SnugRide and my pediatrician recommended the Britax Marathon so I won't have to buy another one when my little guys turns 1.

Do you have any suggestions? Have you done the car seat conversion or have you found another alternative? What do you use and why?

Do tell. The Marathon just seems to cost so much but it has a lot of great features....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Car Seats

I loved the Snugride and hated to give it up, but my 9 mo. DD was fastly approaching the limits. (Wish I had started with the Graco Safeseat which is rated to 30lbs and 32", she would still be in that one).

The Triumph Advance DLX (Evenflo) is what I recently chose for my DD. The Triumph is highly rated for safety and adjusts easily. Beware, as with the Marathon it is BIG! It just fits into my 2001 Corolla. (and is too big for the smaller regional airplanes - it fit well in the MD80 and 737)

Unlike the Marathon, the Triumph is only $150. I believe it is rear facing up to 35lbs so you can keep your baby rear facing for quite a while and it is front facing to 50lbs. so you won't need a new car seat until they are ready for a booster.

o

I also started with the Snugride, and loved it. I upgraded when she was about 11 months because she also outgrew her's before her first birthday. I started with the Triumph because of the high ratings. I used it for a week and a half, and returned it. The straps kept getting twisted on me, and the way to retract the straps I found cumbersome. I would struggle with it getting her in AND out, because of the straps. Also, I didn't like how the buckle was so high up. I returned it, and got the Cosco Alpha Omega. Similar to the Snugride, there is a button in the front to adjust the straps. Very easy to use. As she grows, there is a 2 handed lever above her head. You turn and lift, so you don't need to rethread the straps. At the same time it adjusts the headrest. There is a removable cup holder, and two fold-up armrests. I used this seat rear facing until she was about 18 months old, and forward-facing until now (she is 25 months). I provided a link, I remember paying $160.00 for it, but this one is listed for 90 bucks at Amazon. There are several types, I bought mine at Toys 'r us. There is also an Eddie Bauer version. Good luck looking, when I shopped I pulled all the seats on the ground and let my kid jump in and feel it out! Then I researched reviews and made a decision. Beginning with the Triumph, I'm glad I ultimately settled on the Costco Alpha Omega. Christy :)

Oh, another resource for finding opinions about products is Epinions.com.

Here is a link that might be useful: Amazon Costco Alpha Omega Carseat

o
Carseats

This is the one that I got, not the one above :) Christy

Here is a link that might be useful: Alpha Omega Elite

o

Christy, did you have the old version of the Triumph or the new Triumph Advance? Since its been over 14 months since you tried it maybe it was the older version? I believe there is a big difference in how the straps adjust.

With the Triumph Advance you can adjust the shoulder straps with just a tug, there is no relacing the straps (the straps don't use a threading mechanism), it is very easy. Also, to adjust the tightness and loosen the straps you simply turn a knob. I found it quite easy. (In addition, it is also very easy to take off the cloth cover to wash.)

FWIW - What works for one person/baby, may not work for another so it is very important to try out different chairs and see what works best for you and your baby.

Here is a link that might be useful: Triumph Advance

o

Auntiebubba, I must have had the old Triumph, because I don't recall it being called the Triumph Advance. The problems I did have weren't with adjusting them, they just seemed to twist every time I put her in and took her out of the seat. And the knob didn't seem as easy as I assumed it would, I actually had a lot of trouble with it. I totally agree with you that what works for one, may not work for another. I would suggest that if you do buy a car seat, to decide very quickly whether you like it or not. Because I had a difficult time returning mine after almost 2 weeks. They did take it back, but they didn't want to. Keep it clean, and decide quickly!! Christy :)

o

The discussion is about the baby care car seats. There are so many convertible car seats available for the safety of the children while taking them for a ride in cars. There are so many brands of car seats available. We need to choose the car seat which is safe and which fits your car requirements.

Here is a link that might be useful: safety 1st car seats

o

There are many brands of car seats for the safety of the kids while traveling in car. The Britax is the most commonly used car seat by almost all people. They are a bit costly than other car seats but come with safety straps around for the safety of the kids.

Here is a link that might be useful: car seats

o

Hi icoobaby2 I don't know much about Disney push chair. I am using the Britax car seat for the safety of my kid in my car. Is the Disney push chair safe for the kids to travel. If so please let me know the features of Disney push chair. The britax car seats are really safe and are available with seat straps that always keep your baby safe at the time of accidents.

Here is a link that might be useful: Convertible car seats

o

Depending on how old the child is, you may want to consider the graco myride65 which is a convertible car seat that can be rear facing. I have the graco Nuatilus and love it, but it is forward facing only. Here is a great article on the myride65, http://www.allreviews.com/car-seats/2009/11/12/graco-my-ride-65-car-seat/ hope this helps!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents of Infants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here