Return to the Parents of Infants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
what books have been your resource during the first year?

Posted by sandyinva (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 12, 06 at 20:11

My son 's first baby is 2 weeks old. every time they have a question about child care, ( what is the bellybutton supposed to look like? etc..) they are consulting me or the internet. Certainly don't mind them consulting me, however, it's been nearly 30 years since my last baby was born.

What books do you use a quick reference for child care questions?

Thanks in advance,
sandyinva

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: what books have been your resource during the first year?

I like the old Dr. Spock book for lots of baby and childhood questions.

o
RE: what books have been your resource during the first year?

What to Expect the First Year, and What to Expect, the Toddler years were both used a lot in my house.

The quick reference guide in the back was great when DD was sick or if she fell, or like the time she touched the stove and got a burn.

Lots of good ideas, as well as a lot of good quick reference items when it's midnight and something comes up.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents of Infants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here