Return to the Parents of Infants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
rash like bumps after a fever

Posted by maxthedog (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 21, 06 at 12:43

Have any of your infants experienced a rash like series of bumps all over the body after he/she has had a fever? These are all mottled and red and all over her body, giving her body an almost reddish tinge to it.

I was told that this could happen after a fever, but did not expect it to be this severe. Mom is taking her to the DR today.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: rash like bumps after a fever

Usually that is a sign of allergy. Sounds like hives, not a rash..rash is usually just red and small spots. Food or contact. I've never heard of a rash all over after a fever. My sons had a rash on his bottom after a fever but not all over the body. I've been told to watch for body rashes when feedign something new or putting on clothes made of diff material just in case of allergies.

o

Could it be Fifth Disease. It's fairly common and pretty startling.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fifth disease

o

I hope I'm not late in telling you these,but my grandson had the very same thing and the doctor said it was "SCARLET FEVER",so please take your baby to see one just to make sure.

o

My dd has gotten a mild rash on her abdomen, sometimes lightly on her back, and upper thighs after a rash. Both times it cleared up in a day or two. It didn't concern me enough to go to the doctor. However you said it was severe, so going to the doctor would be the correct choice!! Good luck! Christy

o

I have bumps after getting a fever and i am going to the doctor but for now i am using some cream to get rid of it

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents of Infants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here