SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cat3882

My 13 month old isnt walking or talking

cat3882
17 years ago

My 13 month old little girl walks when you hold her hands and sometimes she will walk her walking toys around the house for a short distance. She does not say anything. She makes lots of sounds but no words. When I tell her do go get something she doesn't understand. She seems much like a 6 month old baby at times. Other times she does things that amaze me. For instance, I am trying to get her off the bottle and the other night she wanted one. She crawled into the kitchen got in the drawer where her bottles are and got one out, closed the drawer, sat down and sucked on the empty bottle. Also, we have a 7 year old that is "normal" in every way. My husband has a 4 year old that has been tested and has been classified as "metally disabled." She does not talk, not potty trained and understands little of what you tell her to do. She didn't sit up until she was over a year old.. my daughter sat up at 8 months. She also didnt show any signs of walking until she was over 2 years old. My concern is that my 13 month old has the same problems as her half sister even though there are certain things that my 13 month old can do now that her sister couldn't do at this age.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz