Return to the Parents of Infants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
in serious need of enfamil coupons!! help

Posted by vicmcclain (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 6, 02 at 12:44

Three months ago I unexpectedly acquired custody of my niece and nephew. My niece was just 2 DAYS old and nephew is 4 yrs old. The state placed the children in our custody, but yet doesn't seem to help with much expenses on the care/providing of the children. Our little one drinks Enfamil w/Iron, and she is a BIG eater. She was born at 6lb 15 oz one month early w/cocaine in her system! And now at 3 mo old, she weighs a whopping 16 pounds!! If anyone can help it would be GREATLY appreciated! God Bless.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: in serious need of enfamil coupons!! help

I don't know where you live but could you try to apply for WIC? It's based on income and maybe your family would qualify? They may also take into account that you were given custody of these two children and need some help. I would try calling the office in your area and see what you can come up with. They won't supply you with all the formula this little one will need, but it will help you out greatly. Just be thankful she's on Enfamil. My son took Nutrimigen and it's about $20 a can! It also happened to be at a time when my fiance, his father, was making about $7.50/hr. and that was our only income. We made it though. Good luck and I think its wonderful that you took on the huge responsibility of your neice and nephew.

~Leslie~

o

$20 per can!!?? I definitely would be broke then! Thanks for the info. I have applied for WIC and other assistance, it's just a long process sometimes. They did say that WE didn't qualify, but did take in to consideration the situation....thank goodness. Thanks again.

Vicki

o

I just received 4, but they are only for .50 cents a piece!! Do you want them, are they worth it?

o

Sign up for Enfamil's baby program. They send me the checks good for formula all the time. I've received a few of the 14 oz sample cans in the mail. This link should get you there.

Also, you might consider switching to an equivalent store brand formula. The formula industry is highly regulated and so there aren't a lot of differences between the different types of formulas.

Another option might be to find an Enfamil distributer in your area who distributes formula samples to the doctor's offices. You might be able to explain your plight and see if they could give you some samples. A previous coworker of mine used to live next to a Similac dealer. The dealer always gave cases of formula away to my coworker to give away to friends. A friendly Enfamil dealer might be willing to help you out a little.

Here is a link that might be useful: Enfamil - Mead Johnson

o

I appreciate everyones advice, WIC has came through finally, and I have signed up my entire family for the enfamil.com registration, so they will be giving me the coupons that they receive. Thanks for all the advice and offers, but hopefully we will be ok now.
Thanks again.
Vicki

o

I am the Grandmother of a 1 year old who is being taken off formula and put on whole milk. I have extra formula here that will go to waste if I don't find someone who can use it. I know I am a stranger to you, but I'd be willing to mail this to you at my own expense. The container is unopened (dry type). If you'd like to take a chance on me, just email me your mailing address.

o

My wife and I use Similac for our 4mo old daughter and have approx $30 worth of Enfamil coupons, if you would like to email your addy we would be pleased to send them your way. dtarlo@bahaiemail.com

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents of Infants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here