Return to the Parents of Infants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Question about ultra sounds?

Posted by mariend (My Page) on
Mon, May 15, 06 at 18:06

As I don't usually post here (am Grandma and soon to be GGM), I would like your opinion.
My GD had a rough 3 months, nothing stayed down, under Dr's care, lost 20 pounds ( she was overweight), still smokes, (under GM's protests) and is going in for another ultra sound. Of course when I had kids, we did not even know about ultra sounds, but I am concerned. this will be either her 3rd or 4th. I asked why, and she said the Dr just wants to check her out. She is due in Sept. and does feel movement. Do I need to be concerned, or is this usual procedure. My DD, says not to worry. Any thoughs would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Question about ultra sounds?

I would worry more about the reason the Dr. feels the need for the ultrasound than the test itself...
my DIL had twins and had ultra sounds about every month....I know another who had a very high risk pregnance and had about 5 ultrasound tests...
Offer her a bribe to quit smoking.....how about your care for the baby for 2 weeks?
Linda C

o
RE: Question about ultra sounds?

When I was pregnant with my first, my MIL was an ultrasanographer (not sure of the spelling on that one, anyhow, she did ultrasounds...) and I had probably 10 of them. Just because we wanted to see how the baby was doing. Of course, my daughter is absolutely fine. After reading more literature about pregnancy and birth, I probably wouldn't have had so many, just because they don't know exactly what risks ultrasound poses in the long run. I only had 3 (dr. ordered) ultrasounds with my second.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents of Infants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here