Return to the Parents of Infants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
stains

Posted by proserpina (My Page) on
Mon, May 14, 07 at 16:03

Any secrets on how to remove poopy stains from clothing?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: stains

Proserpina, I found that the trash can worked well :) Just a hint, you could try the Cleaning Tips forum, they are very busy and very helpful!! Christy :)

o

Bars of sunlight soap. It is available in the laundry section of grocery stores. Follow the instructions on the label. I have found it to be the best stain remover for baby clothes.

o

Get a covered pail, like we used for a diaper pain back in the dark ages....and put about a gallon of water in it and a 1/2 cup of oxyclean....and every time you get a piece of clothing that is stained, dump it into the pail.....
And that goes for food stains, spit up stains and later grass stains.
Let it soak for a day or 2...or 3 and wash as usual.
Linda C

o
OOPs!!!!

Make that "diaper pail!"

o

Try wetting the clothes and setting them in the sun. I can't remember if I used a little lemon or a little vinegar too. I remember this method worked when my babies ate only breastmilk and nothing else.

o

You would be surprised how well electric dishwasher detergent removes stains. Just soak it overnight in a bowl of hot water with a few tablespoons of dishwasher soap. In the morning throw the soapy water and clothing in the washing machine and wash with lowest water setting, hot water, and 1 cup of laundry detergent. Rinse well.

o

I use cloth diapers and all the poop gets out and does not stain.

Poo is a protein stain - like blood. You need to soak it, or at least rinse it in cold water first. No soap or additives needed. Let soak for an hour. Then wash in hot water with your regular detergent and some Oxi. That should do it for a fresh poo stain, but if you've dried it in the dryer once already, set it in the sun to whiten after you've washed it again with detergent and oxi.

o

I have found that liquid Clorox 2, poured directly onto a protein stain (I use it for blood stains) will get it completely out. When poured on, it foams up like peroxide and it takes the stain out completely. It doesn't fade colors either. When my kids were little, I used a diaper pail with a solution of water & the dry clorox 2, but I find the liquid poured directly on the stain works best.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents of Infants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here