Return to the Parents of Infants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Going back to work?

Posted by april_lynn06 (My Page) on
Thu, May 18, 06 at 13:51

My baby is one month and three days old. Is it to soon for me to return to work? I only work from 5pm to 10pm. I am breast feeding and I have to suplement with formula. I am really concerned that I may have made the mistake of returning to soon.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Going back to work?

I have to say "yes". If you are supplementing, your milk will start to dry up and your baby will start to prefer the bottle. You will never have another chance for that special bond! I think your gut is already telling you the answer anyway.

o

Thankyou for your response. I did give my work a notice. She seems to be so much happier when I'm with her any way. She isn't satisified with the bottle. I was really afraid of my milk drying up. She is much more important to me than a job.

o

Have you ever thought about pumping? Your baby might not like formula in a bottle, but might like your milk in a bottle. I work from 9-1 everyday and I pump twice while I am here. My milk production has actually increased!!! I haven't had to suppliment with formula at all. I understand where you are coming from though, it is so hard to leave a little one at home! I came back after 6 weeks, although it was hard, it was sort of nice to get back into the swing of things and chat with adults again. Good luck, hope you are happier at home!

o

I did try pumping. She only wants the breast.She'll take the bottle but she will cry and cry until she gets the breast. My mother-in-law was watching her and I felt she shouldn't have to deal with a baby that just wouldn't quit cring until I got home. I do miss working but like I said before she is more important to me than any job.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents of Infants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here