SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jtsupershine

Deceitful Grandparents

jtsupershine
14 years ago

Hello Everyone, I'm new here. So here is my situation, I'm having some trust issues with my in-laws. I'm learning to live with their ability to belittle everyone in their path, mainly because my wife is a little scared to put her foot down. We have an eight week old son (our first) who is watched by my wife's mother during the day while we are at work. She always does what she wants to do-as far as raising him. Disagrees with his doctor, will not give him water, says, "Well if it were me, I would do it this way," in regards to anything. The subject of cereal came up a few weeks ago at the doctorÂs office. Our Pediatrician said around four months is usually a good time to start with the cereal...maybe a bit sooner. He is perfectly healthy, hardly ever fusses, all around perfect first child. She disagreed with the pediatrician and said he was wrong. My wife and I agreed to wait a little while before mixing the cereal in with his formula, and informed her parents of this as well. Well, a week and a half ago, I was told by her mother that she had made the holes in his nipples larger because he seemed to be having a problem with the pace of his eating. I didn't think anything of it because surely she wouldn't disrespect our wishes and give him the cereal anyway. Last night she slips up while having a conversation with my wife. My wife said, "Wow her sure did eat that bottle quickly!" And the mother in-law replied, "Oh, you must have put some cereal, oh did he?" Then she confessed to having fed him the cereal since the doctorÂs visit two weeks ago. Frankly I am infuriated that she went ahead and made a decision that wasn't hers to be made AND lied to us in the process. Am I over reacting or should something be said?

Comments (4)

Sponsored