Return to the Parents of Infants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
natural childbirth

Posted by grace3 (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 20, 07 at 21:26

I am posting this for my daughter, who is pregnant with her first child.

She is interested in finding a "balanced" book on natural childbirth. She has been given "The Joy of Natural Childbirth", but doesn't like it, as she finds the tone and approach of it to be more in the realm of propaganda than it is informative or educational. This makes it difficult for her to take *anything* she reads in it seriously.

Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: natural childbirth

I read "Preparation for Birth: The Complete Guide to the Lamaze Method", by Beverly Savage and Diana Simkin.

Very comprehensive, well organized, very clear, covers all aspects, with lots of personal stories of all kinds of birth experiences.

Maria in Athens, Greece.

Here is a link that might be useful: the book at amazon.com

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents of Infants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here