Return to the Parents of Infants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Nunbing of hands....

Posted by patty_cakes (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 1, 06 at 19:52

I don't know if this is the right forum, but will post anyway, since this is a 'parents of todlers' and you've already(?)had your baby's. By DD(35)is 5 mos. pregnant and has been complaining of her hands falling asleep~this happens when she is holding the telephome up to her ear, driving, and sleeping with an arm under the pillow. Is this numbing normal, or does she need to speak to her DR ASAP?

I've had 5 pregancies and have never experienced this, so am a little worried.

Thanks ladies. ;o)

patty_cakes

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Nunbing of hands....

I used to get it when I was pregnant. Mine wasn't bad. Here is the Baby Center explanation

Here is a link that might be useful: Baby Center

o

I get it all the time when I am sleeping (I am at full term right now). I also have a constant stuffy nose and my ears plug at night as well. I think it is just one of those pregnancy things.

o

Pregnant bodies are a strange thing!

My hip would fall asleep all the time when I was pregnant with my son. It was the worst feeling! Both of my hands began to fall asleep after I had him and my wrist became really weak. It felt like I couldnt even hold him at times. I was so afraid that the doctor messed something up when he did my epidural. However, the problem did get better. Although they still fall asleep at night sometimes.

o

Hello,

I am right there with your daughter! It is carpal tunnel induced by pregnancy, nothing to do with pc's or doing repeating things. I found great relief in using wrist baces, the kind with the metal in them so you can not bend your wrists. I put them on before bed and don't take them off until at least an hour after I wake up. She might have to wear them a bit longer if it happens during the day too.

I did not have this problem with my first but boy do I have it now!

Best of luck to your daughter!

Keilamarie

o

I had it also, and it became quite extreme. Vitamin B6 may be helpful. Basically though, along with the helpful info in the other posts, just have to be patient and endure it. It may even last for a month or so after childbirth. Then, pretty much all of a sudden, it's just a memory.

Oh, and I had the stuffy nose, etc., too, and that's definitely attributed to pregnancy as well.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents of Infants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here