SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
patty_cakes_gw

Nunbing of hands....

patty_cakes
18 years ago

I don't know if this is the right forum, but will post anyway, since this is a 'parents of todlers' and you've already(?)had your baby's. By DD(35)is 5 mos. pregnant and has been complaining of her hands falling asleep~this happens when she is holding the telephome up to her ear, driving, and sleeping with an arm under the pillow. Is this numbing normal, or does she need to speak to her DR ASAP?

I've had 5 pregancies and have never experienced this, so am a little worried.

Thanks ladies. ;o)

patty_cakes

Comments (5)

• Adella Bedella
    18 years ago

I used to get it when I was pregnant. Mine wasn't bad. Here is the Baby Center explanation

Here is a link that might be useful: Baby Center

• emmhip
    18 years ago

I get it all the time when I am sleeping (I am at full term right now). I also have a constant stuffy nose and my ears plug at night as well. I think it is just one of those pregnancy things.

• jessay3
    18 years ago

Pregnant bodies are a strange thing!

My hip would fall asleep all the time when I was pregnant with my son. It was the worst feeling! Both of my hands began to fall asleep after I had him and my wrist became really weak. It felt like I couldnt even hold him at times. I was so afraid that the doctor messed something up when he did my epidural. However, the problem did get better. Although they still fall asleep at night sometimes.

• keilamarie
    18 years ago

Hello,

I am right there with your daughter! It is carpal tunnel induced by pregnancy, nothing to do with pc's or doing repeating things. I found great relief in using wrist baces, the kind with the metal in them so you can not bend your wrists. I put them on before bed and don't take them off until at least an hour after I wake up. She might have to wear them a bit longer if it happens during the day too.

I did not have this problem with my first but boy do I have it now!

Best of luck to your daughter!

Keilamarie

• capsicums
    17 years ago

I had it also, and it became quite extreme. Vitamin B6 may be helpful. Basically though, along with the helpful info in the other posts, just have to be patient and endure it. It may even last for a month or so after childbirth. Then, pretty much all of a sudden, it's just a memory.

Oh, and I had the stuffy nose, etc., too, and that's definitely attributed to pregnancy as well.

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler