Return to the Parents of Infants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Baby Einstein Videos, love or leave 'em??

Posted by TamaraCSB (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 21, 02 at 23:38

My Raquel has the Shakespeare and the Dolittle ones!! She loves them!! And I'm finding that she reacts the very same way at certain areas on each tape! How do you guys like them?? I highly recommend them!!

Love you guys!!

Tamara

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Baby Einstein Videos, love or leave 'em??

We bought the Baby Mozart and Baby Einstein for our DD when she was younger. She loved them too. I still wish I was the one who came up with the idea to take a home video camera and film baby toys with music in the background. (LOL)

o

Me too!! I'm going to let my 11 year old son try to make a video for Raquel in the same manner, he is SO excited about it!! I'm going to help him, but I have a cousin that makes videos for fun (he's a VERY intellegent teen, lol:) and see if he'll add effects and music to it for Mason, I'll keep ya'll posted!! Now to round up those old toys!!

Tamara

o

If you read the data on those videos, it's not very positive. Studies have shown that it actually delays speech. But as a mother of twins I know that sometimes you need a break in order to be a better parent. If tv can provide you with a few minutes to yourself, then I don't see anything wrong with that. My children are now 1 year old and are just now becoming interested in tv, so I would be open to these videos. If they're going to watch something, it might as well be educational. But I do think the longer you can keep them away from tv, the better.

o

Why would you turn on at TV? Sit the kid down surrounded by toys he can interact with..take your break.
There are no studies that say TV is a good thing ever but particularly before pre-school!! To get a strong grasp of language, meaning of words children need to INTERACT have REAL LIFE experiences. Years of public and private school work as a Speech and Language Therapist has convinced me what the studies say read, talk play with your child. TV does NOTHING for them they NEED!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents of Infants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here